So I’ve found myself stating in random conversation, “that’s totally in my top five ___.” I started wondering though, what’s actually in my top five? I feel like I’ve probably listed a lot more things than five! Here are my top five food-related lists – for your personal reference, because I’m sure you’ve been dying of curiosity. And these will probably be dynamic, so watch out for any changes.
Top five vegetables
- Eggplant. duh. The King of vegetables, in Royal Purple.
- Mushrooms. I think this counts as a vegetable. I probably wouldn’t have top 5 fungi….or would I?
- Okra. Love that slimy texture.
- Beets. Remind me of my grandma’s garden.
- Rhubarb (I’m counting this one as a vegetable, I don’t care what you say!)
Top five fruits
- The Mango. Also the King of fruits, and the most popular fruit in the world, dontcha know? For good reason.
- Coconuts. Make me go nuts!
- Pineapple. Did anyone say pina colada?
- Raspberries. Noms.
- Blueberries. Because they’re blue. Well and they’re good for you, and stuff like that.
Top five food HATES
- Ketchup. Can’t even handle the smell of it. Don’t want those nasty bottles anywhere near me.
- Mayonnaise! Just, why??
- Fake cheese. This category includes things like cheetos, cheese whiz and velveeta. And American cheese. Vom-city.
- Milk – it’s just gross to drink. I will cook with it sometimes, but will substitute soymilk when possible. However, I do like to add heavy cream and yogurt to things, so I guess I’m a bit fickle about dairy products.
- Butter – smells really icky when melted, but I’ve decided to *try* to come to terms with this ingredient. It’s pretty essential for a lot of baking.